Thursday, July 5, 2012

And Here They Are...

Tina's New Shoes!!



These are the Adidas Hagio, the shoe I will be wearing on race day in exactly one month!!! Well, these are the training version and I will get another pair that is only slightly worn one or two times for race day.  We want to make sure the treads on these babies are as new as possible!  So far I've worn the shoe a couple of times in practice and I love it.  You feel fast just by looking at 'em!

And this truly would not have been possible without the very generous support of all of the people who have rallied to support my cause.  It is overwhelming how many people have read my blog, forwarded it to friends around the world, and donated.  Thanks to all of the individuals who have donated, along with the support of the Hellenic American Leadership Council, and Nike Greece (I just received some gear today), I am in a position now to make it to the starting line without worrying about paying for shoes, for massages and therapy, for gas to make it up and down the mountain, for the healthy delicious meals that are prepared for me, getting my blood work checked regularly (by the way the month that I have been here in Karpenisi has really paid off with my hemoglobin levels reaching 13.9!), among other expenses.  Essentially because of your support, I am in a position to enjoy the rest of the journey and focus on my training, and on race day I can give my best without distraction.  And of course, a special and separate thank you to Stamatis Astra of Astra Ventures, who originally had the idea that I start a blog.

But this isn't the end of my blog.  I will continue to keep posting here and I just activated a Twitter account for more frequent postings @TinaKefalas.  So please stay tuned and keep following!

In an update on my blog "stas" I am just shy of 1100 visitors to my blog and from many new countries including Russia, Ukraine, Australia, Portugal, and France!! Thank you all for checking in!! 


4 comments:

  1. TK, I just gave you a #ff shout out on Twitter! I also just saw this release from USC! http://www.usctrojans.com/blog/2012/07/olympic-list-so-far.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. You rock Paul!! Will I see you in London?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Tina,
    I'm the Sacred Heart Cathedral track & field and cross country coach. I started in 1998 (Shannon's freshman year). When you were running for SHC I was an asst. coach at Lowell. I believe we have Oasii Lucero as a common friend. Anyway, Heather Hall told me you had made the Olympic team back in the spring and I know Franco Finn is super proud of you. Eevery now and then I see Denis Mohun. It's pretty exciting to think that there are 2 track & field team Olympians from SHC (and we don't even have a track!). My wife and I will be in London to cheer on Shannon. Let me know if there's anything I can do to help support you.

    -Andy (achan@shcp.edu)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Andy,

    Thank you so much for reaching out!! That is so great that you will be in London to support Shannon. I've followed a bit of her career, since we both went to SHC, and I can't believe how awesome she is!! I hope she reaches her goals in London and comes home with a medal. What would be really great is if you could put me in touch with Denis. I've lost contact and don't even have an email. It would be great to catch up with my old high school coach and thank him for blessing me with some really fond memories of high school running. Send my hellos to Oasii and Heather (I've been in touch with Franco) and hopefully we'll get a chance to meet in London!

    Take care,
    Tina (tinak89@yahoo.com)

    ReplyDelete