Thursday, October 29, 2015

The Frankfurt Marathon and Training Week 3

I know this weekly update is a bit late but I'll just blame it on too much bier and wurst in Frankfurt! This past weekend Coach Dimitri's Marathon Club sent a team of 9 runners (and it's sizable entourage) to race the Frankfurt Marathon, and I got to go along for the ride! It's always so much fun being part of the support group helping others reach their goals and this entourage was able to arrange support at 5 different stops along the way at 5km, 10km, 15km, 27km, and 35km! I must say we had quite successful results: 6 PRs, one near-miss (1-second if you can believe it!!!) and two more very strong efforts. Actually, there is one more PR that is worth recognizing (thank you Matthew for following "the Plan").

Getting goosebumps as the start neared and watching so many runners push themselves for 42 consecutive kilometers is always motivating...although, personally, it did not make me feel like doing it again any time soon! Ha!

On a personal note, I was able to get in all five of my scheduled trainings (honestly I didn't do my two strength days, though) and my long run was 40' running along with Spyros who broke 4 hours for the first time and ran 3:46! Now that was fun!

Almost the whole group: Me, Verena L., Nikos T., Matthew N., George S., Spyros K., Dimitris G., Petros T., Coach.
Missing: Xavier L., Kostas M., George P.



No comments:

Post a Comment